Saturday 30 June 2012

Looking good in my 40s effortlessly with Vitamin Science

As Head of Marketing at a financial institution, I clock countless of hours at the office zipping from meetings to meetings. When I return home from work, the pace continues with me hunching over my Blackberry to respond to emails, jotting down notes in preparation for developing my marketing campaign plans, putting together the household grocery list for the helper, planning the family's meals for the week, and discussing the day's issues with my husband and son.

When the family's tucked in bed, faraway in dreamland, I would then start to relax with my hobby - tarot reading. This means that I would be on my emails, phone or Skype late into the night, responding to clients who have requested for a tarot reading from me. I am extremely passionate about tarot. As a certified professional tarot reader I not only read the tarot cards for my clients during my spare time, but I also mentor and teach prospective tarot readers and I volunteer as a reader for the Free Tarot Network too.

With my attempt to juggle multiple roles and with hardly much rest even on weekends, maintaining good health, great skin and well being are my biggest challenges.

When I was 40 turning 41, I reveled in the notion that the 40s was the best decade for a woman. I would have had garnered so much knowledge and experience backed by a mega load of self confidence and pulled them all together with a fabulous family that included a 19 year old son. A tiny wrinkle or 2 on my forehead and bags under my eyes, were just badges of experience I didn't mind brandishing. I took care of myself with a healthy dose of regular visits to the gym, plenty of water, my daily vitamins, well-balanced meals and a disciplined Skincare regime of washing, toning, moisturizing twice a day, weekly masks and monthly facials.

At 43, and just shy of a couple of years away from being classified as "mid- 40s", the type of Skincare I used became even more important. At the age of 43, the couple of tiny wrinkles on my forehead and the eye bags were no longer in agreement with my concept of "40 and Fabulous". I had to prevent them from accelerating further into crows-feet, dull complexion and saggy skin. As the demands in my life meant that my body and mind demanded healthier food, I started eating more organic foods. And I started rationalizing that if eating good quality, organic foods helped me maintain a healthy body and mind, then I had better use good quality, organic Skincare to maintain a healthy glow in my skin.

That's when I discovered Vitamin Science. Like my daily dosage of vitamins that I take every morning to keep me healthy and maintain my energy levels, Vitamin Science Skincare was like a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals which helps me maintain a healthy glow in my skin.

I am currently using the Vitamin Science Vita EA Lifting Toner, Serum, Emulsion, Night Cream as well as the BB Cream. The texture is so light that I can't feel it on my skin, and yet I know that these miracle Skincare products are working to enhance the collagen production in my skin whilst reducing fine lines and increasing the translucence and clarity of my complexion. The best part about the products is that my new Skincare regime with Vitamin Science is completely adequate such that I do not need a specific eye cream. Years of dabbing on rich and heavy eye creams only worsened my eye bags over the years when I pulled and tugged at the delicate skin around the eyes with these creams. I should have discovered Vitamin Science skincare earlier!

Don't take my word for it. I am almost in my mid 40s, and proudly so. I am also juggling an extremely busy lifestyle with hardly much rest managing my career as a marketeer in a fast-paced industry, managing a hobby that demands intense time and energy with clients from around the world who are sometimes in distress, and managing multiple roles as wife, mother, daughter and friend. In spite of these pressures, for what my husband jokingly calls "an old bird", I think I look fabulous.

Besides thanking my parents for the youthful genes I have inherited, I do thank Vitamin Science for helping me maintain a youthful glow in my skin.

About The Writer:


The writer of this blog post is a 43 year old mother of one, who spreads her time between her day job as a marketeer at a financial institution, her hobby as a certified professional tarot reader and her family which includes a 19 year old son.

She was not financially remunerated for this blog post and writing this post was entirely an expression of her personal opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment